Friday, September 11, 2009

My Favorite Perfume Names


No reason in particular, I just love these names and not necessarily (though, mostly) the juice:

Joy, by Jean Patou
L'Ombre dans L'Eau by Diptyque
Alahine, Teo Cabanel
La Chasse aux Papillon, L'Artisan
Cadjmere, Parfumerie Generale
Le Temps d'une Fete, Parfums de Nicolaï
Mimosaique, Parfums de Nicolaï
Evening Edged in Gold, Ineke
Balmy Days and Sundays, Ineke
Carnal Flower, Frederic Malle
Lou Lou, Cacharel (yep, I even love this hokey name)
Amarige, Givenchy
Organza, Givenchy
Coromandel, Chanel
Shalimar, Guerlain
Mitsouko, Guerlain
Tubereuse Criminelle, Serge Lutens
Chergui, Serge Lutens
Madison Soiree, Bond No. 9
Chinatown, Bond No. 9
Voile de Violette, Sonoma Scent Studio
Iris Nobile, Acqua di Parma
Wazamba, Parfum d'Empire
Baghari, Robert Piguet
Bandit, Robert Piguet
Fracas, Robert Piguet
Habanita, Molinard
Hanae, Keiko Mecheri
L'Heure Bleue, Guerlain
Heure Exquise, Annick Goutal
Poison, Dior
Hypnotic Poison, Dior
Ivoire, Balmain
Un Jardin Sur La Nil, Hermes
Philosykos, Diptyque
Rush, Gucci
Kiki, Vero
Sacrebleu, Parfums de Nicolaï
Timbuktu, L'Artisan
Ysatis, Givenchy
Teint de Neige, Lorenzo Villoresi
Lolita Lempicka

4 comments:

ScentScelf said...

What a fun list! Totally understand what you mean...for example, my fun with your Nicolai here is how I get to exclaim it whenever I say its name: Sacrebleu!! And Fracas...good heavens, what a great name, for pet or perfume. ;)

I wasn't asked, but I'll add a couple of my own:
L'Ombre Fauve, Parfumerie Generale
Jicky, Guerlain (just the sound of it)
any of the ones with "moustache" in the name (Moustache, Moustache de Monsieur, etc.)

Make that especially Moustache de Monsieur. Just why are we clarifying???

Have a great weekend.

Nina Z. said...

Great list! For years I wore Cabochard and loved it that the name meant "headstrong" or "pigheaded." The story was that Madame Gres refused to cooperate with the Nazis during WWII, went underground, and then after the war started her fashion business again, releasing Cabochard.

Anonymous said...

These read like a poem...
Thanks!
Nika

Anonymous said...

I always thought Tresor (Lancombe), meaning 'treasure' I believe, was a beautiful name for a perfume: melodic, to the point, and easy to remember!