Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 Discoveries


Thank goodness perfume doesn’t contain calories because I’ve indulged in countless perfumes over the past year. Of all these fragrant moments, the following 12 perfumes were stunning standouts and will permanently take their place in my collection. This list is a mix of brand new perfumes as well as existing perfumes that were new to me this year.

Balmain Ivoire (thanks to Brian for the introduction)
Chanel 31 Rue Cambon
Chanel No. 22
Creed, Love in Black (or Comme des Garcons + Stephen Jones)
Donna Karan, Chaos
Frederic Malle, Une Rose (thanks to Brian for the introduction)
Juliette Has a Gun, Citizen Queen
Serge Lutens, Chergui
Soivohle’ by Liz Zorn, Underworld
Sonoma Scent Studio, Winter Woods
Tauer Perfumes, Vetiver Dance
Yves Saint Laurent, Nu EdP (thanks to Brian for the introduction)
D'Orsay Tilleul
Parfums de Nicolaï Mimosaique
Lalique, Le Parfum

Care to share your standouts?

Happy 2009 to all! Best wishes for health, success, happiness, prosperity, fun, peace and countless fragrant moments.

PS: Here I am, trying to get out of the house to go celebrate New Year's Eve, and I keep thinking about my 2008 list - something wasn't right - I'd forgotten some important new findings - well it just came to me....D'Orsay Tilleul, Parfums de Nicolaï Mimosaique and Lalique Le Parfum. I've added these 3 to the above list making it a list of 15. Oh, well, it was a good perfume year, what can I say?

No comments: