Friday, October 31, 2008

TWRT 10.31.08 (This Week's Random Thoughts)


Well, I did it – I managed to wear one perfume for 5 straight days. Days 1-3 were easy. But day #4 was a struggle and today I ended up wearing nothing! I’m unscented. I can’t recall the last time I didn’t wear perfume. If I can decide upon a perfume I’m doing this again next week. I’m thinking of either Chanel No. 22, Teo Cabanel Alahine or Serge Lutens Chergui.

There’s a lot of desire for a “dirty rose” fragrance but why not dirty magnolia, jasmine, orange blossom or other florals?

The Office: I’m not happy about Holly being transferred to another location.

True Blood: Is Sam a Werewolf? This show is making me want to try V.

I found a forgotten stash of Strange Invisible Perfume samples and can’t wait to try several of them this weekend.

I’m really nervous about Tuesday’s election.

I read on MUA that Chanel No. 22 pure parfum will be available in the U.S. soon. I need to call Bergdorf and get on the waiting list.

There were Christmas decorations up when I was at the supermarket. It’s just too early.

It snowed in New Jersey this week. Strange.

Brinner is when you have Breakfast food for Dinner.

Madonna’s PR person should re-think all this divorce publicity.

I read on POL that Diptyque Opone is being discontinued. Oh, no! I love Opone.

Most orchids don’t have fragrance. Zygopetalum is a fragranced species and it would make an interesting perfume note. It’s sweet and peppery and green. My Zygopetalum is in bloom right now and it’s just beautiful.

Vanilla bean is from an orchid plant. Vanilla is the most universally liked flavor and scent.

Taken from Wikipedia – I thought this was rather interesting!
Vanilla is a genus of about 110 species in the orchid family (Orchidacea), including the species Vanilla planifolia from which commercial vanilla flavoring is derived. The name came from the Spranish word "vainilla", diminutive form of "vaina" (meaning “sheath” which is in turn derived from Latin “vagina.”

The new Olivier Durbano fragrance looks like a must try – it’s called Jade. I saw it on Now Smell This and the notes are: green tea, star anise, mint, cardamom, iris, jasmine, cinnamon, amber, patchouli, vetiver, moss, musk, immortelle and maté.

A bit late to mention but when you carve pumpkins to make jack-o-lanterns you can bake the seeds with a little salt and they’re delicious.

Happy Halloween!

No comments: